Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What a Twist

In an interesting turn of events my stepmother called me last night to ask if she could hang out at my place while her kids were at a Jonas Bros. concert tonight in nearby Camden. I decided to be a nice person and say sure resulting in my having to blow off practice.

Last night I dreamed of being kicked off the team for it. Last week Coach said Wednesday practices are mandatory and if we don't show up, we don't skate. I'm not usually a smart-ass, but what does that mean? We don't skate ever again? The following week when we show up? At the next bout?

I have no idea what it meant and apparently no one took him too serious because practice was cancelled at 2:44 since so many people couldn't make it. Luckily for me, I don't have anymore anxiety about missing anything.

1 comment:

Doug Walsh said...

I think you should have said no, on the grounds that she's actually letting the girls go to a Jonas Brothers concert. Anyone with taste that bad should be given no respite from the elements!

LOL! I kid, I kid.

You should play some foosball and Guitar Hero with her.