Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's over

My organization's big 20th anniversary celebration was last night and what a success it was!!! I had a great time and people are still calling me to congratulate me on the success of the evening. It's really great when you work so hard you're left wondering if you may have health problems for a week or so afterwards due to the stress but everyone notices and everyone sees what an amazing job you did.

I looked great too in my brand new Liz Claiborne suit. My first real suit too. It was an expense well worth it. I got many a compliment.

We had 250 guests. The reception was held in the egyptian rotunda of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology amongst artifacts and sarcophagus'. Dinner was delicious and held in a large egyptian gallery off the rotunda also amongst artifacts. I had dinner seated next to our emcee, the anchorman of Philly's channel 10 5:00 news.

The awards ceremony was both moving and fulfilling and why bother giving the details of something no reader would understand so just take my word for it. I never felt so proud to work for such an amazing organization. And the recognition I received for all my hard work was the icing on the cake.

Our committee formed back in May and we worked non stop since then. The event was a logistical nightmare but after only two or three tears the day of the event when the seating chart was revised for the umpteenth time and the triple purposed name tags were made and people were still calling and rsvping. Once I got there, I just took it all in stride. My motto was, "Oh of course there's room." (We were sold-out and then some.)

Of course, four glasses of wine didn't hurt. I may not have given or received an award but to keep with our logo, I was also a star that evening.

More details later and a picture.

Although it was a great time, no, I wouldn't do it again if I had a choice and yes, I am extremely happy it is over.

No comments: