Friday, November 18, 2005

When there's just too much to say

Driving back to Jersey in the car with Mike on Friday nights we're both pretty tired. We talk everyday but talking on the phone is different. It's just not the same than having that person in front of you. I am a pretty animated talker and if someone can't see my hands flailing and I can't see their facial expression reactions, why bother. Those stories have to wait. Fridays, I take that deep breath to begin my long-winded story and just let it fade away. I'm too tired. That particular story is too exhausting.

I guess that's why I haven't written lately. There's just been so very much to write about and I've just been too tired. So I'll just have to let that deep breath fade away and take the cop out story and tell you all that I've had a great week excercise wise and my body feels wonderful. I've walked over five miles every single day this week. Wednesday we had 69 degree weather. Yesterday morning we had 33 degree weather and it never got over 45. I cursed the transit strike but what I learned is that I really enjoy my morning walk. The buses and subways have been up and running for two weeks now and I just let them buses cruise on by as I choice to walk to walk. As long as the wind is kept at bay, a hat and scarf and my warm coat is all I need.

I jogged/briskly walked 5k's at the gym every day this week and although I am too embarassed to share my times here, the fact is that I jogged way more than half and finished each time. Finishing my first 5k Monday was like winning a race. I know the runners are probably laughing at me but please remember, this is all still new to me. I continue to beat the previous day's time every day.

So I'll be all alone in Philly this weekend baking and making spiced red sangria for the Holiday. I'm really looking forward to this one and just want it to be nice. I'll miss my brothers and sister-in-law but know 2 of them will have a great time and hope the other has some sort of dinner with his friends.

There's just too much to say. Also, the gloriousness that was last weekend can't be expressed in words. Just trust me. It was one of the best weekends of my life.

P.S. Happy Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Day!

No comments: