Monday, April 09, 2007

Update

Ahhhh, what a restful three day weekend I had. It was marvelous and included many a three hour naps without rhyme or reason, lots of reading, not a lot of showering, and one very fun dinner party with friends which included getting drunk and playing Apples to Apples afterwards. Mike was home early Thursday and home from work on Friday and Sunday. The weekend really was great!

So now it's Monday - the lovely day I get to start over. I read the yoga book mentioned in the sidebar over the weekend and am eager to go home and do my first yoga session. I know it will take a while to learn the routine but something is better than nothing even if I have to stop and reference the book every few breaths. I feel good though. Just reading the book has made me feel calm and I haven't had a cigarette in 26 hours.

In addition to practicing yoga from a book (a good book) I have my wu-long slimming tea, my vitamins and my psyllium seed husks. I've ran around every warm day so far which hasn't been many and I'm waiting for Spring to come. (What is up with this weather?)

But I feel good and that's what matters. This three day weekend was super for my body. I feel recovered.

P.S. We didn't go hiking/fishing because it was bitter cold yesterday (Easter).

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful--I'm glad that you're feeling so well!

How is that tea working out for you? I recently bought a similar tea that is used by the Chinese to combat fatigue and improve overall well-being and I think I may be allergic to it as I have felt some respiratory discomfort the few times I've had it (it may be a coincidence, though as I've been under a moderate amount of stress and am prone to panic attacks which have similar symptoms).

Enjoy the yoga! :-)