Wednesday, May 09, 2007

This trip just keeps gettin' better!

So if you live in the state of New Jersey, I know you've been bombarded with commercials for Sonic Drive-in. If you live in New Jersey, I also know you may have wondered where these lovely establishments are because there aren't any in NJ! So you may also have wondered, Is Sonic souping us up for their arrival? or does Sonic want to make me plan a road trip? What the hell, Sonic?

I've been seeing these commercials since I was 20 years old (I'll be 25 this month) and still no Sonic in NJ.

However, Doug and Kristin satisfied my curiosity when I went to visit them in NC five years ago and they took me to a Sonic. We played in the batting cages awaiting our burgers and Sonic has, HANDS DOWN, the best fast food burger I've ever tasted. 'Nuff said!

So I am happy to see that there are not one, BUT FOUR, Sonics in Orlando. This is very very exciting.

So if you want to indulge in all the joy that is a Sonic burger and a peach pie milkshake, travel on down to Morgantown, PA if you live in NJ, because that'll be the location of the nearest one.

Checkers deserves props though for coming in at a close second but who the hell wants to travel to the dodgy neighborhoods they're located in? Not me.


1 comment:

Kirk said...

when i was on tour we saw a bunch of Sonics but never went to em. about a year later i started seeing Sonic commercials on TV.. they are really funny.. I thought the same thing that we might be getting a Sonic near us but after 5 years the only Sonic i know of is way up in Sacramento.

I really want what they're selling.. those are great commercials!

road trip to the Sacramento Airport!