Monday, July 07, 2008

A very full Holiday weekend

This weekend was very fun and felt rather lengthy as it was jam packed and nonstop. Thursday evening Mike and I headed up north to meet friends for some beer and fireworks followed by some card playing. It was a lot of fun and I missed this group of friends very much so I laughed until my stomach hurt.

Friday we did nothing - just hung out at Mike's parents house until it was time to get ready for a 4th of July Wedding even further up in north Jersey. Mike's cousin Cynthia tied the knot. The wedding was fun and very nice. Perhaps a little too much, but fun nonetheless. We drove all the way home afterwards since Mike had work Saturday.

Saturday I hung out with my girlfriend Kelly (thanks again for lunch!) while Mike was at work. We got home around the same time and then it was time to pack again and head back up north to go to Maria's future mom-in-laws for a bbq. More drinking, more eating, more laughing, and more card playing.

Sunday Mike and I went over to my Aunt's house for a July baby party. The majority of the birthdays on my mom's side of the family are in July so when we were younger we always went to the July baby party. I don't know why, but there hasn't been one in a very long time. Sunday was the first in at least five years and every cousin was there with the exception of my brother Doug who lives in Washington. We had a blast and it was fun to be together.

Now we're back home and tired. I'm looking forward to not eating red meat for a while and ridding myself of the excess weight in beer I've added to my belly. Thursday at work my morale was pretty low so the long weekend couldn't have come at a better time. I feel refueled.

2 comments:

Doug Walsh said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I was thinking about the BBQ yesterday and was sorry I couldn't make it out for that.

Jackie said...

Sounds like a really wonderful weekend. It's amazing how many weddings I'm hearing of these days--I suppose we're getting to be at that age. ;-) Are you and Mike still coming to Brooklyn on the 19th? If so, it'd be great to see you!