Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Are you Ready for some Football?

Oh, man! What an excellent game!

This was the first time in my life I sat and watched a whole Super bowl game start to finish and the commercials and the half-time show. I thought it was all fantastic!

The game was very exciting. It was anyone's game through to the last throw, but the Giants defense held Brady back that last minute. Mike's phone started blowing up with congratulatory sentiments after Burress caught that last touchdown. He just started picking up the phone and shouting, "The game's not over!" and hanging up. My mom had the audacity to call during the last minute of the game and Mike told me I better not answer it. I didn't. Then she called again.

I totally understand now why my brothers would yell at me for walking in front of the tv at a crucial moment growing up or why Mike doesn't always listen to me during a game. The adrenaline was just pumping through the room and our favorite team was a minute away from winning the Super Bowl.

Well, we won. No one predicted we would get that far and no one predicted we would win. It was a fun season - my first full football season of being a real fan and actually watching the games even if Mike was at work. I totally earned my Umenyiora jersey.

And I can name more than four players!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

was that not the best game you've ever watched?! if anyone would have told me during the start of the season that i would be one day chanting "MVP" for eli in giants stadium.. i would have never believed them


-Crystal