Friday, April 04, 2008

Goal Report 1 of 2

In case you're just tuning in, as of today I have seven more days to meet a goal. That goal is to have lost 15 lbs. from January 4 through April 11.

Friday. Weigh Day. I lost 3.4 lbs this week and have to lose 4.4 in the next seven days to meet my goal. I really was hoping for a larger loss this week to take some of the pressure off of next week, but it didn't work out that way obviously. But I feel good and I'm down a total of 10.6 lbs since January 4.

I evaluated last week's "performance" and see where there is room for improvement so I have a plan for next week. That plan is completely reliant on not abusing the open bar at tomorrow night's venison dinner. Very poor timing for an open bar dinner. So I will be the designated driver.

I attended my first yoga class last night and it exceeded my expectations. The studio was fantastic - the wood floor had large knots and natural splitting, the colors and paintings on the wall were inspirational, there were orchids, candles, and deity figures strategically placed about. The class was small - about ten of us - but the studio wouldn't have accommodated more than maybe three more. Everyone was friendly especially our young, perky teacher. The setting was intimate.

The class was one and a half hours and it seemed like a play with many different acts. I knew yoga was a spiritual experience but I wasn't aware that aspect would be represented in structured classes. I'm so glad it was. I'm eager to go back next week. Although I admit I am quite surprised by how incredibly sore I am today, especially my lower back. But I feel longer and straighter.

Overall, I'd say the week was for the most part a successful one. I understand the body isn't meant to lose more than 2-3 lbs in a week so I should be pleased with this week's progress and I am.

Will Jessica make her goal? Will the weather allow her to go kayaking? Who knows! So tune in next Friday! And as an additional bonus for tuning in, get a chance to check out Jessica's weight loss line graph!

2 comments:

Doug Walsh said...

More about the young, perky yoga instructor please?

:-)

Glad you're having fun. And yes, yoga is a lot more physically demanding than most people ever expect it to be.

Jackie said...

Go Jess! Go Jess! Go Jess!

...oh, sorry, I was just cheering you on until next week's update! :-)