Thursday, March 13, 2008

Breaking HP News

The seventh and final installment in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is being made into two movies.

At first I was totally stoked. But now, I don't know. 7 Books. 7 Movies. I like consistency. So much has been cut from these books for the purpose of making movies and now they say they just can't get the ending right without making this book into two movies. I know they have a lot of loose ends to tie up, and lets face it, Hallows, did have some pretty far fetched ideas, but still.

I can't help thinking The Man is trying to squeeze out a couple more hundred million by splitting the seventh movie into two. But J.K. must have approved, right?

So now the shock and misery of no more HP will not occur until May 2011 when the eighth movie is expected to come out. Don't worry about the actors getting even older. Both movies for Hallows will be shot simultaneously. Like LOTR.

I guess I'll be heading to Universal Studios to experience Hogwarts Castle in 2011 after this eighth movie rather than in 2010. That will be my last hoorah....

....until I have kids and I get to experience the joy and wonder of Harry Potter all over again.

See the article here.

No comments: