Friday, March 28, 2008

T.G.I.F.

This week was particularly long and stressful. I plan to do as little work as possible today and simply count down the hours until I get to blow out of this taco stand.

I'm hoping the weekend will be quite cleansing. We don't have plans which is a welcomed break so I intend to do some spring cleaning and put away all the winter decorations, get the spring stuff up, and do some yard work. I also hope to alleviate some pressure by spending several hours studying both Saturday and Sunday for Tuesday night's exam. I haven't done a really thorough cleaning since before Christmas so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to going jogging - something I haven't done in over two weeks.

I'm disgusted with my weight right now. Three weeks ago I was down 10.4 lbs. for the new year and as of today I am only down 7.2 lbs. The goal deadline is only two weeks away. Can I lose 7.8 lbs. in 14 days? Yes. Will I? I don't know.

But I gave myself a serious pep talk this morning and I'm pulling the ace out of my sleeve. I have a plan and I'm sticking to it so God help me. I'm just so sick and tired of not following through. I set the terms and conditions for this goal and I will make this goal.

Three years ago I was 16 pounds lighter than I am today. I don't think I'll really start to feel GREAT until I get back down and past that weight. It was close enough in the past that I remember it and can still see the number on the scale.

So anyway, I wish spring would friggin get here. There's been such a chill in the air. I have big plans for this spring/summer. I'm getting out there in the world. Never again will I waste a summer.

No comments: