Wednesday, September 03, 2008

By the way......

I made California roll back in June maybe? And it sucked. It was expensive to make the first time (afterwards it won't be, but initially you have to buy a lot of stuff) and it wasn't very good. Not to mention it's only worth the effort if you were making a lot and it doesn't keep for more than a day so what's the point? I found it challenging and time consuming and you're much better off paying $5 for it. If anyone wants a large bag of sushi rice and a bamboo rolling mat, please let me know.

I was hanging out with my brother and his friends a few months ago and we ordered take out from a Chinese/Japanese restaurant. I thought it was so brilliant I could barely contain my excitement. Ordering up an order of General Tsous and a California roll might be one of the best things in the world. If only this place was near my house; Mine and Mike's problem of me wanting Japanese and he wanting Chinese would be over.

(update: this post falls under the label "Bucket List" because an earlier version contained "Make California Roll".)

No comments: