Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Twilight Saga

Just like with the Harry Potter series, I am late to all the wonder, amusement and awe that is The Twilight Series.

I admit I only actually heard of it a few months ago when scrolling through the Barnes and Noble bestsellers list and seeing each volume of the series within the top ten. I went to Barnes and Noble, asked which book was the first, read the first page and put it back. I ignored the release of the latest, Breaking Down, and didn't bother to read my acquaintance's blog posts about it.

Then the release of the latest Harry Potter Film, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, was pushed back from November, 2008 to Summer, 2009(!) for the movie release of Twilight. That made me very, very angry.

So down in Florida over the weekend, Mike's sixteen year old cousin Jennifer and I got to talking and she raved about the Twilight saga and offered to lend me the first book. We didn't talk much about it but she informed me that the actor who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, was, in fact, playing Edward, the main character in Twilight. This sparked my interest.

So I took the book and started reading it on Monday and ever since have been trying to find creative ways to get out of my responsibilities so I can keep reading. I am like a fiend. A Twilight Saga fiend. I love it. I haven't loved a book this much since Harry Potter. I find myself overwhelmingly grateful there are more. I may finish the first tonight and just in case of a cliffhanger I am going out at lunch to buy books 2 and 3. I can't stop wondering what will happen and thinking about Edward, and his sheer strength and beauty.

I am totally hooked. omg omg omg. LOL. So naturally I went and watched the trailer this morning. Mike and I may not be going to a midnight release this fall for Harry Potter, but we will be going for Twilight.

I needed a new series in my life. I admit though I am doing quite poorly juggling the story with my day to day responsibilities. It's that good. I must scream my love for Twilight off the top of something very, very high.

No comments: