Friday, August 11, 2006

Hey Shit Talkers

Everyone talks shit. Yesterday there was a lot of talk about our freedom, or lack thereof now that we can't even bring water on a plane, and fear spreading like the plague. Last night I was relaying some of these conversations to Mike and I was sort of rambling off on tangents and then I realized, Wow, we're doing a pretty fine job at preventing terrorism. I did not hear one person yesterday compliment UK law enforcement except Georgie Bushy who complimented Tony Blair (as if he had loads to do with the "thwarting").

But now that I think of it, I think we're actually doing a good job of this along with the rest of the world. It seems everyone is more aware. Minnesota State reported all those Egyptian guys that never showed up for school. A lot of arrests have been made and wasn't a plot or two "thwarted" earlier in the year?

I'm not ready to put my life into the hands of others but damn, we're doing all right. It's so comforting to know that someone in the Muslim community tipped off UK authorities once again proving that no, not all Muslims are terrorists. Not all Egyptians, not all Islamics, not all of any culture are trying to murder us all.

There are still good people and we must remember this. This will help fight the war on terror along with some kick ass undercover UK terror ring infiltrator. I'd like to meet that man and shake his hand and say "Hey kick ass undercover UK terror ring infiltrator, you did a fine fine job back there and as a citizen of the United States of America, I thank you for your good work, Sir." That's what I would say.

So lets can the shit talking and be proud of ourselves and our overseas neighbors and have a little faith in us. The actual war aside, we may be winning this war afterall.

No comments: