Friday, January 27, 2006

I've been busy & disgusted

Sorry for lack of updates. Work has been insane. It's like I begin to rebel on Friday's and just take an anxious F - you attitude towards work come 2:00 Fridays. Mike's coming at 4:30. We're challenging ourselves to see how little money we can spend this week not including his brother's birthday gift.

Lets talk about morals for a moment. I pose this question seriously and please comment with your answer or opinion.

If a young mother of five robbed you and committed fraud with your checkbook and debit card and you could prosecute, would you? (Most likely your actions would send her to jail.)

I have since reopened the case and made an appointment with my detective today. My number one suspect (who got away with over $1,000 worth of merchandise at both Wal-Mart and Target through the use of my checks) has since dyed her hair and managed to accumulate a whole new wardrobe identical to the caliber of Wal-Mart and Target. I cannot prove her guilty but I am hoping the detective can. She still CANNOT look me in the eye, goes out of her way to not walk by me, and smirks at me with a shit eating grin when she thinks I'm not looking. (Being cross-eyed at will can come in handy.)

I have not been unpolite but I also will not acknowledge her unless I have to. I am a very professional person at work and I would never do anything to jeopardize my solid respectable reputation.

She's young. 25 or 26, unmarried, five or six kids. What pisses me off even more is that shes got all this new stuff. She better have taken care of her kids with that money too but somehow I doubt it. She just looks like she got one over on me and that's the number one reason I want her to go down. I can't punch her but having her arrested would be a hit even harder.

I'm still getting the bad checks and those f'n bills from the check clearing collection people and I'm getting really sick and tired of it. The thief only got their hands on 16 checks and only eight have come to my attention. I'm hoping there is at least ONE cashier working in Wal-Mart with the brain to check a driver's license number. The same number is on each check and the police ran it and it's bad. The DL # is also written in the same hand on each check which leads me to think one of two things:
1. The thief knows at least one cashier in every Wal-Mart within a tewnty mile radius.
2. The thief wrote the number on each check and when prompted to show a DL, thief then responded, 'Oh, I already wrote the number on there for you.'
The fact that the used check numbers jump (non consistent) leads me to believe at least three were not accepted.

But even if Detective can prove her guilty, how can I have five young children's mom sent to jail? (If even they would do that. What does a case of fraud get you these days?)

I guess I'm getting ahead of myself but I hate her more now seeing her in all these new clothes. It wasn't her birthday, or a special holiday. All the largest amount checks were written mid January and all the clothes appeared mid January.

No, I'm not responsible for that money. But who the hell is she to walk out of a Wal-Mart with $300 worth of shit on the backs of Wal-Mart? Ok, I'm kind of anti-Wal-Mart so that's not all bad, but theft is one of the reasons prices go up and honest people get laid off and another reason why I hate people.

I am so ANGRY. This morning I was completely HARASSED by a homeless man while in line at Dunkin Donuts in Market Station. He just would not let up and wasn't even silently sitting there with his cup asking for spare change but DEMANDING $4.00. There's days I don't even have $4.00. And we're all just so desensitized that no one does anything but try to ignore it and not look at it. I know I can take care of myself but I'm not about to cause a scene and maybe it's wrong of me to have thought a man should have told this asshole to get lost, but I did. I shouldn't expect someone to do what I'm not willing to do but I'm still a bit old fashioned and I still consider myself a woman, hence I am ever so slightly just an eensy weensy bit weaker (for lack of a better world.) The feminists would kill me.

I don't want this to turn into a homeless bashing. It's not. Anyone who knows me knows I have a bleeding heart and would do anything for anyone no matter what the stakes, but I am completely against people who have the ability to work but who rather demand money from me while in line for a coffee at 8:00 in the morning.

Basically, I hate thieves. I was not brought up with thieves and thievery and I didn't grow up with thieves. Since turning 19, I have dealt with the scummiest of scummy sons of bitches and thieves make my blood run cold and a fury rage through me. I HATE THEM! That man this morning may not have stolen my wallet but his act, in my eyes, was an act of thievery. I could NEVER steal. And I'll be damned if I'll ever approve the act. Even if your child is starving, there is no reason to steal, because I whole heartedly believe that there are people in this world who would make you a Thanksgiving dinner if you ask for it properly and if you're a good person.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so disgusted. Let me know what you guys think about sending a mom to jail.

1 comment:

Neo said...

Crispy - My thoughts? FRY HER ASS!!!

Don't feel bad in the least!

Look at the grief she's put you through?

Remember that everytime you feel bad about it. She's scum!

Also remember when she did this, right before xmas. That's is just pathedic.

I would get a hold of the video from the stores and nail her ass to the cross.

And I don't blame you for going off on that guy. People think that people owe them something. I say, get up off your ass and do something to help yourself!

I'm like you, I don't mind helping someone, but they have to want to help themselves!

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo