Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pretty good

Things are going well. Planning phases are in order and as a planner, well, that's great for me. June 30, 2006 I move from Philadelphia and still don't know where I'm going. That scares me but not as much as it would have a year or two ago. When I moved here in July of 2004 I would get panic attacks just thinking about my lease running out. I don't have to move. I want to move and besides, I think my roommates are all moving too and I wouldn't dare get new roommates.

I'm done with Philadelphia. I've started to pretty much downright dislike my roommates. I love the house but wish it was my own. Why put money into something that you'll only be in for less than another year? Why continuously put elbow grease into something your pigsty roommates just tear up anyway? My roommates are pretty disgusting. I could list some very disgusting things here but why bother.

The problem was my job. I love it. I make good money for someone my age and I do like Philadelphia. I just don't want to live here anymore especially with anyone other than Mike.

Mike knows I don't intend to stay and he asked several times if I would move in with him and his family in Central New Jersey so that we can live rent free and save for a house. I always said no and then finally got so scared and realized that I can't afford NJ rent all alone and said ok. Deep down I know it would never work out and I'm just so thankful that Mike really finally started looking at it more realistically too.

Saturday night he and I were in a bar here in Philadelphia pretty buzzed and really enjoying each other's conversation when Mike came out and told me that he doesn't think I should leave my job because he knows how much I love it. He said that perhaps he and I should look into apartments in Haddonfield. (Haddonfield/Collingswood/Westmont are three great little towns all in a row in NJ right over the bridge from Philly. It's a long story but I've lived in Collingswood before. It was just the wrong time. But I love the town. 'Nuff said.)

This really came as a surprise to me. I would love more than anything to stay at my job, live with Mike, and not be in the city anymore, and live in my favorite area of NJ. I had no idea he had even been thinking this! I love him.

He said, "Jess, what comes on the bottom of a toolbox?" (Mike's a mechanic.)

"Wheels."

And things just seem to be leaning in that direction. Mike has a job interview on Tuesday and he's been looking much more aggressively for a better job. He said as long as the money's right and as long as he can get a transfer or a new job, we can pretty much consider it a done deal.

I know there are several things to take into consideration here and we discuss them, but right now I don't want to get too ahead of myself. I'm just really happy. I'm so used to doing all the compromising and to know that Mike was really taking into consideration what would be best for me too; well, that's just amazing.

No comments: