Friday, February 10, 2006

I am SUCH a LOSER

So some colleagues of mine decided to start a Biggest Loser challenge and I was invited to join so I figured, hey, why not. I'm already losing weight so I might as well join this challenge for the harmless shit talking and chances to win a prize every two weeks. Today was our first report in day. We're supposed to report in every other Friday with our weight loss for the two week span. All reports aren't in yet but so far I rocked everyone with my 4.8 lbs. I feel great and have recovered 100% from the December/January slump. I can't wait to go to the gym after work more so to relax my shoulders in the hot tub but also for a mean work out in my new gym pants I bought yesterday. I am pretty sad about quitting the gym come the end of the month but I gotta do what I gotta do for my near future expenses.

I am staying home alone this weekend and very much looking forward to it. I no longer fear these weekends but embrace them as a time to do some serious cleaning, organizing, paperwork and some light cooking. They refresh me. It's been months and months since I've spent a full weekend with Mike without him working. I know once we move he'll have to work at least one day during the weekend but I am soooo excited for our first full weekend toegther in our new place.

I've decided to hold off on the searching for apartments for a while. I just can't take the anxiety. I really want to rent a house so come mid March I'll spend the $85 to register on vacancynet.com and find a house to rent. I can't look at the details of the houses right now without a subscription but there are 112 houses for rent right now in Camden County and most of them between $900 and $1,000 a month rent. I just hate apartments. I want to live in a town not a development. I don't ever want to be isolated due to a major highway being my only exit again. I don't want to have to use an elevator to get to my door and I don't want people living on all four sides of me. I want to feel at home and take my dog for a walk and watch kids playing and be able to go running for at least three miles before hitting a highway.

No comments: