Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend away from home

This weekend was the first time I left for Mike's house and actually felt like I was "going away" for the weekend. I even tidied up the mess I made when making the six pounds of potato salad and five pounds of macaroni salad for Saturday's party. I knew I'd want the place clean when I got home late Sunday night.

It was a nice late night drive Friday night and my new pink travel mug rocks so I use it every chance I get. It's weird locking up for a few days. Leaving Philly house was never ever like that. But I didn't rush out of the house like I always ran out of Philly. I took my time, showered again, finally got on the road at 10:30 pm.

Saturday was our party. Mike's parents threw us a little farewell/good luck bbq with all our friends and just my mom and stepdad and Mike's best friend's parents were the only adults. The rain kept at bay just enough that the deck was packed all night standing room only or else you'd have a wet butt. The food was good and only one person was noticed missing. Dustin was out slinging buckets, tossing birds, chucking chickens, whatever you want to call it. An interesting second job.

The beer was flowing and a good time was had by all. And I thought I looked pretty so even better. Pictures will be posted soon.

Sunday's party was lame and all the coolest cats only came to ours (Go Mike and Jess) and the leftovers who weren't invited to our par-tay were in full effect with scattered groups of coolness. Ahem. We left early.

I wish it would stop raining. I can't wait to just relax ths weekend and finish up the house. Four day weekend! Boo - yah!

1 comment:

Doug Walsh said...

"Dustin was out slinging buckets, tossing birds, chucking chickens, whatever you want to call it. An interesting second job."

Does he work at KFC? I can't think what else it might be.