Wednesday, October 19, 2005

SAT Question 1,056,231: A bagel is to Manhattan as a ________ is to Philadelphia

This past weekend ranks up there with some of the best ever and I see I only got around to telling you all about Friday. My apologies. Take my word for it. It was awesome. I figured out how to post a picture so I shall do that.

My excitement has been continuous. I waited all of October for Special Pumpkin Picking Day aka last Sunday and it was all I hoped it would be. I even have the pomegranate cider to show for it. If the Giants had won in over time, it would have been even better because I made sure I picked until my heart was content and still made sure Mike was home in time for the second half.

So this weekend will be another great one. I am more excited for Mike's birthday than he is. Last night was a blast wrapping and arranging and preparing and toying and tweaking all the not so last minute details. His gifts are carefully arranged in a beautiful display in my room and I'll enjoy the pile until I carefully put the presents in a large black bag until Sunday.

Tonight I will be grocery shopping for Mike's private dinner with me Friday. Friday will be the only time we have to ourselves here in Philly for his birthday and I asked him to pick anything, anything his heart desired for dinner. Know what he picked? Cheesesteaks! If I didn't love cooking so much I'd just walk around the corner to Geno's or Pat's. A cheesesteak? When he goes to Philly every week and can have a cheesesteak 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. I thought he was kidding.

Well, at least he was specific and told me exactly how he wants it. It will be the best custom made cheesesteak he'll ever have. Besides, at what cheesesteak stand can you get a side of crispy fries tossed in garlic and chive butter with a shot of hot sauce?

No comments: