Tuesday, December 13, 2005

You get what you pay for - In the Kitchen Part 3

So back to the whole chocolate thing, I decided to open my new chocolate and check it out. Wrapped beautifully and what appears to be a mountain goat embossed on the center of the bar. This thing is lethal. It's like a brick. Anyhow, I stand corrected. Inside on beautiful heavy weight paper were clear and concise directions for tempering as well as gourmet recipes. The tempering looks quite tricky and the instructions are quite different than those on baking911.com. However, baking911.com has a testimonial from Scharffen Berger saying that baking911.com and all of its content has the trust of Scharffen Berger and blah blah blah.

So I've decided to relax and just try it. Of course, I have to make sure my roommates have eaten first and taken care of their kitchen business. They have a tendency to take over and have no regard for what anyone else is doing in there so I may be up late tonight. I have a plan though, to be organized and have everything I need at my fingertips. I love a baking challenge and if it wasn't for this request, I probably would have never tried it.

Geez, I hope I can find decent pretzels. I'd hate to blow all my hard work on cheap pretzels.

Side note: The time on my posts is not correct and I can no longer select the time like I used to and I don't know how to change it.

Posted at 2:30 pm.

1 comment:

Doug Walsh said...

Wow, you're more like mom than I thought. You're the only two people I know who would go out of their way to make the recipient of your Christmas gifts actually feel guilty for having asked for them.

At least when you're done you'll maybe stop that riduclous talk about Russel Stover actually being the best chocolate you've ever had. LOL!