Thursday, April 06, 2006

In the event of my death.......no need

I've been really nervous about flying next month to and from Seattle. I'm pretty afraid of flying. Well, I'm afraid of crashing. I was talking to Mike about this and he said, "Jess, nothing's happened in a while."

Last time I was to fly, I asked my big brother if any planes had crashed recently. His response, "No, we're due for a crash." He started to laugh. That didn't make me feel much better.

Anyhow, things are just going so well that I'm just very afraid of something bad happening.

But then something just dawned on me. I really really don't think God will take me until I get to read Harry Potter Book 7. I think he and I are close enough that it would really just be a sick joke for that to happen and I think he'll let me stick around until I get to read it.

I feel much better. Maybe I won't even bother to write a letter "In the event of my death". I was imagining it would be very very sad to write and wasn't looking forward to it. I'll wing it. No pun intended.

2 comments:

Doug Walsh said...

That's what's great about being young... in the event of your death, all you have to leave behind is debt. And nobody wants it.

But I like how you reason with yourself about HP7.

But seriously... don't worry about it. Just make sure to check out the Cascades and Mt. Rainier when you approach Seattle.

Kirk said...

flying is perfectly safe.. just uncomfortable and expensive. thats why i hate it.

you'll be fine.. if something happens it happens but theres no need to worry about it.