Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Extra Extra Read all About it! We're excited ova here!

Who knew my latest revelation would cause such a stir. I should have given my blog a purpose ages ago. I'm still sifting through the e-mail!

One excited reader (well, not really) thinks that I should post a picture and let my other excited readers (just kidding) make up the stories. I think that's a great idea. However, I can't ask so much of my loyal fans. I will ask however that you please comment in with your funny captions for the photo and I'll be so happy to post them on in (especially the best one) for everyone's viewing pleasure. Hey, maybe I'll even post a few pictures from every roll. Afterall, I decided one roll per paycheck so one roll has to last us two weeks of fun!

So lets all poke fun at my childhood and all the people I hate trapped inside those tiny black rolls of film. Lets unleash the demons damnit!

I guess now would be a good time to figure out how to scan a picture. Never done that before. I do have a scanner/copier/printer though so I should be able to. Feel free to comment instructions for me like where the photo will wind up once I hit scan on the scanner.

Boring Update:
As of today my new total weight loss is 16.2 pounds. I feel gross even though I'm down from last week. Oh well. It will pass.

Book Update:
Self Made Man sucks and I finally had to shelve it. I thought it would be funny and interesting and it was interesting for a while until she decided to take her whole 'project' way too seriously and decided to write a 300 page essay instead of a story. It was actually kind of depressing at times. I made it a good half way through and said to hell with it. I'll still go to the book club discussion.

Julie & Julia is so friggin good. I love it. I can't put it down and I enjoy reading it and I'm having fun with it. This is also a memoir. A woman pushing 30 living in a shit loft in Long Island City, NY, with a shitty job and on the brink of a nervous breakdown everyday pushes herself, her marriage, and her sanity to the limits when she decides she will make all 524 Julia Child recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 365 days. I like it.

Once again, like so many other memoirs I've read recently, Julie started blogging when she started this mess of cooking. She gathered a fan base, documented it all in her blog and then when she was done, wrote a book about it. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that with my photo/memory/childhood/demon - writing/bashing. Just kiddin. I know it might not be very interesting.

But we'll find out won't we! (I'm gonna drop off the first role today. Aww shit.)

4 comments:

Doug Walsh said...

When you get your film developed, give them an extra couple bucks to have them give you a CD with all of the photos digitized onto it. Then you won't have to worry about scanning them.

Great job on the weight loss!

Kirk said...

you know what would suck if all that film is too old and none of the pics come out. then you wont have a cool photo blog.

sorry. it happened to me once.

Jadey said...

Fnigers crossed the film will come out - it would be wayyy past expiry . If it does are you really that sceptical of what it may hold or excited? No Matter how you feel about said people now it's all a part of your history and your happy times I am sure. Lets post 2 photos 1 a week, 2 from each roll and extend the fun. Congrats on the loss! 16.2lbs is huge

Jessica A. Walsh said...

Thanks so much, Jadey!

Yeah, I'm pretty scared about the film.